What does it sound like to be the first people ever to ski down Lhotse, the fourth tallest mountain on earth? Or how about listening in on climber Alex Honnold—the subject of the Oscar-winning doc Free Solo—trekking in Antarctica?
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- Based on information from this story, describe the marketing campaign from Sonos and The North Face.
- What do you think “sensory marketing” is?
- How might this story illustrate that concept?
- Why do you think the two brands partnered for this campaign?
- How might each brand benefit from the partnership?
- What is product launch?
- What new product is Sonos launching?
- How is Sonos using this campaign to launch a new product?
- What is product differentiation?
- How is Sonos using this campaign to help differentiate its new product from competing products? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.