During a typical summer, Falmouth Museums on the Green, home to the Falmouth Historical Society, brims with visitors looking to sneak a peek inside its many historical homes, gather for weddings or explore its many exhibits.
But the COVID-19 pandemic changed all of that. The museums remained closed for 2020, moving their speaker series online.
Click here to read the story at usatoday.com.
- What is tourism?
- Why is tourism important to places like Cape Cod?
- How do you think the pandemic has impacted tourist areas?
- What types of businesses do you think are impacted most by a decline in tourism?
- According to this story, do businesses who rely on tourism have a reason to be optimistic? Why or why not?
- From a marketing perspective, what might Cape Cod do to attract more visitors next year? Be prepared to discuss your answers.