The word most used to describe Lululemon’s best-in-class workout leggings is probably “buttery.” This isn’t an accident. Lululemon explicitly researches how things feel on the body and thus how people psychologically feel while wearing them. The company has incorporated the philosophy into a tangible tagline they call the “Science of Feel.”
Click here to read the story at fastcompany.com.
- Why do you think Lululemon is releasing a new line of sneakers?
- What is competition?
- Who might represent the competition for Lululemon in the sneaker space?
- What is a brand?
- What is brand loyalty?
- How might Lululemon’s brand loyalty benefit the company as they launch their new line of sneakers?
- What is market research?
- Why do brands engage in market research?
- What type of research has Lululemon conducted when developing the new line of sneakers?
- What is differentiation?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how would you describe Lululemon’s differentiation strategy for the new sneakers?
- What is the name of the first running shoe that Lululemon will release? How might that illustrate the company’s differentiation strategy?
- How does the company’s packaging illustrate that differentiation strategy?