In just a few months, a simple five-letter puzzle has earned its creator a seven-figure sum. The growth of Wordle, in which players attempt to work out a mystery word, has been rapid.
At the start of November 2021, the online game was played by just 90 people.
Click here to read the story at theconversation.com.
- What is a business plan?
- Why is important for a company to have a business plan?
- How does marketing factor into a business plan?
- What is Wordle?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- If you were performing a SWOT analysis for the New York Times, what might each component of the analysis look like?
- Why would the New York Times be interested in buying Wordle? How might that fit into a SWOT analysis?
- Based on information from this story, describe how Wordle has become part of the NYT business plan.
- Why was Wordle designed to be played only once per day?
- Why do you think the designer of Wordle chose not to charge people to play the game?
- Do you think New York Times will make any modifications to game play and/or charge consumers to play? Why or why not?