Just as it dominates our economy, Big Tech now dominates Fortune’s annual ranking of corporate reputation. For the third year in a row, Apple, Amazon, and Microsoft rank first, second, and third, respectively, based on our poll of some 3,700 corporate executives, directors, and analysts. It’s Apple’s 15th straight year in the No. 1 spot, a fitting coronation for the world’s most valuable company.
Click here to read the story at fortune.com.
- What constitutes an “admired” company according to these rankings from Fortune magazine?
- Why do you think Fortune magazine publishes these rankings every year?
- Based on the methodology, how does Fortune determine the rankings?
- What characteristics might some of the world’s most admired companies have in common?
- According to these rankings, which companies rank in the top three most admired companies?
- Why do you think these companies represent the most admired?
- Which two companies in the rankings seemed to benefit from the pandemic? Why?
- Are any of your favorite brands on this list?
- Are you surprised by any of the companies on this list?
- What is innovation?
- Do you think any of the companies on this list could be considered innovative? Why or why not?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important in business?
- How do you think leadership impacts whether a company is admired or not?
- From a career perspective, do you think this list aligns with which companies might be the best to work for? Why or why not?