Yelp is ramping up its offensive on businesses that offer customers gift cards or other incentives in exchange for a five-star review.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- Why are reviews important to restaurants and businesses?
- Why are reviews important to consumers?
- Why would a business or restaurant to provide incentives like free gift cards in exchange for a five-star review?
- What are ethics?
- Do you think it is ethical for a business or restaurant to provide incentives like free gift cards in exchange for a five-star review? Why or why not?
- What is “compensated activity” according to the published findings regarding review activity from Yelp?
- Why would Yelp care if a business or restaurant is compensating customers for a five-star review?
- According to this story, what are the different reasons consumers go to review platforms?
- Based on information from this story, do consumers think “star” ratings alone tell the whole story about a restaurant or business?
- What is customer service?
- Why is customer service important to restaurants and businesses?
- According to this story, how does customer service impact a business or restaurant’s ability to win over current and potential customers?