While there is an abundance of insight from the marketer’s point of view, a new report from IBM/Econsultancy reminded me that we don’t have much perspective regarding what consumers think of marketing. In a novel piece of research, 4 out of every 5 consumers say that brands don’t behave as if they really know them—the translation is the marketers aren’t marketing effectively to consumers.
Click here to read the story at Forbes.com.
- What is market research?
- Why do you think the data uncovered through research might be important to a marketing professional?
- What is consumer behavior?
- Why do you think brands study consumer behavior patterns?
- According to this story, 4 out of every 5 consumers feel brands don’t market as if they know them. What do you think that means?
- In your opinion, are you disappointed in the marketing efforts of your favorite brands? Why or why not?
- Why is it important for marketers to create an authentic connection with consumers?
- What do you think marketing professionals can do to create a more authentic connection with consumers?