As Covid restrictions ease, expect to see more malls morph into family entertainment destinations where shopping may not even be what draws shoppers in.
Retail analysts say it’s become necessary for mall operators to diversify the in-mall experience beyond shopping in order to stay relevant to consumers — especially as the pandemic has made online shopping more popular than ever.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What are industry trends?
- Why are trends important to marketers?
- How has the pandemic impacted shopping malls?
- Why do you think shopping malls need to “stay relevant” to consumers, as described in this news story?
- What is market research?
- What is an “entertainment experience” as it relates to a shopping mall?
- What has market research from retail consultancy company Strategic Resource Group suggested about how the addition of entertainment experiences can impact mall retailers?
- Why are some malls adding entertainment experiences?
- What are some popular experiences being introduced at shopping malls, based on information from this news story?
- In your opinion, will the addition of entertainment experiences help to draw more shoppers to shopping malls? Why or why not?