While the holiday season is full of many traditions like spending time with loved ones, baking sweet treats and decorating, buying gifts is among the most popular, and possibly most important for retailers.
Click here to read the story at retaildive.com.
- What is direct marketing?
- What is a catalog?
- Have you or anyone at your household ever received a catalog in the mail? What was it and what types of products were being offered?
- How do catalogs represent an example of direct marketing?
- Do you think catalogs are an inexpensive form of marketing? Why or why not?
- What is a marketing mix?
- What component of the marketing mix might best describe the practice of sending catalogs in the mail?
- What is the difference between retail and e-commerce?
- Based on information from this story, why do companies send catalogs in the mail?
- Why do you think catalog marketing is such a popular form of holiday marketing this year? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.