Charlotte FC was awarded Major League Soccer’s 28th club in late 2019. But late last month, the franchise became the first to sell personal seat licenses (exclusive ownership rights for a specific location that can be passed down or transferred) as a prerequisite for purchasing season tickets. Fans who wish sit in the team’s Silver Club (lower level along the sidelines, from goal line to goal line) will pay a one-time $550/per seat fee on top of the season ticket price.
Click here to read the story at sportico.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to a professional sports team like Charlotte FC?
- How do sports teams generate revenue?
- Why are ticket sales important to a sports team?
- What is a personal seat license?
- Why do you think Charlotte FC chose to sell PSLs?
- Why do you think they are the first team to sell PSLs (why haven’t other teams done this in the past)?