Faced with the lingering effects of a global pandemic, empty stands and a politically fraught situation in Beijing, NBC Sports was prepared for the worst with the Winter Olympics, and from a TV ratings standpoint that’s what it got.
Click here to read the story at latimes.com.
- What are ratings?
- Why are ratings important to NBC?
- The story suggest that NBC was prepared for “the worst” with the Winter Olympics. Why do you think that was the case?
- Why do you think ratings were so low for the Beijing Games?
- How do you think the low ratings impacted NBC?
- What does it mean that NBC remains “bullish” on the Olympics?
- Why do you think NBC remains bullish on the Olympics?
- When are the next Olympic Games?
- Who has the broadcast rights to the event?
- In your opinion, will public interest increase for the next Olympics? Why or why not?