Former NFL quarterback Drew Brees appeared to be struck by lightning while filming a commercial for PointsBet Sportsbook in Catatumbo along Lake Maracaibo in a video that went viral on Friday morning.
Click here to read the story at si.com.
- What is publicity?
- What is a publicity stunt?
- What is the purpose of a publicity stunt?
- What does it mean for something to go viral from a marketing perspective?
- Can a business or brand control content that goes viral? Why or why not?
- According to information from this news story, did the Drew Brees video being discussed go viral? Why do you think that might be?
- Why do you think PointsBet Sportsbook would launch a publicity stunt?
- Is there a difference between positive publicity and negative publicity?
- Which do you think this stunt created?
- There is a saying that suggests “no publicity is bad publicity.” Would you agree with that? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, did PointsBet Sportsbook accomplish what they wanted with this publicity stunt? Why or why not?