Nearly 30 years after launching the FIFA series, soccer’s global governing body has reportedly decided to walk away from its licensing deal with EA Sports.
Click here to read the story at complex.com.
- What is licensing?
- In the case of FIFA and EA Sports, which company is the licensee?
- Which company is the licensor?
- How have both companies benefitted from the licensing deal over the past 30 years?
- According to this story, why is FIFA walking away from its deal with EA Sports?
- How might that impact FIFA moving forward?
- How will losing the rights impact EA Sports?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important in times like this for both companies?
- In your opinion, how do you think EA Sports will respond to losing the rights to continue publishing its popular FIFA franchise of video games?