The crosstown rivals have accidentally created an international Twitter fight.
General Motors paid for a 60-second Super Bowl ad.
Ford Motor Co. hijacked the buzz.
On the @GM Twitter page, it says: “Norway is crushing us at EVs. That’s crazy. We have to do better. Are you in? #EVerybodyIn #NoWayNorway”
Click here to read the story at freep.com.
- What is positioning?
- How do you think GM is hoping to position their product with the Will Ferrell Super Bowl commercial?
- Why do you think they are investing in that positioning strategy?
- What is a target market?
- Who might represent the target audience for GM with this ad campaign? How about Ford with their response to GM’s ad on Twitter?
- What is competition?
- Are GM and Ford direct competitors or indirect competitors?
- How does competition impact you as a consumer?
- How can social media impact a brand’s marketing efforts?