TikTok is an essential promotional tool for music artists and record labels.
Songs can rise up organically on the app even if they’ve been outside the mainstream for decades.
Click here to read the story at businessinsider.com.
- What is social media marketing?
- Why is it important in the business of sports and entertainment?
- Why do you think marketing is important to a music artist?
- Why is it important to a record label?
- What are some of the different ways that you have seen in the past (other than TikTok) that artists and record labels promote the release of new music?
- This news story suggests TikTok is an essential promotional tool for music artists and record labels. Why?
- How is TikTok changing the music industry, according to this news story?
- What is influencer marketing?
- How might influencer marketing help a song to take off?
- According to this story, TikTok’s success could end up creating tension with the music industry. How so?
- What can they do to help avoid that tension and why might that be important?
- What is UGC?
- How might TikTok challenges lead to UGC and why is that important to artists and labels as it relates to promoting music?
- What is augmented reality?
- How can augmented reality effects help to boost a song’s popularity?