Local businesses, fans, and part-time stadium workers are fearing disputes between Major League Baseball players and team owners will get in the way of the much-anticipated spring training games.
Click here to read the story at wfla.com.
- What is revenue?
- What is an expense?
- What is profit? What must happen for a professional sports team to achieve a profit?
- What do you think the biggest expense is for professional sports teams?
- What is a lockout?
- Why did MLB owners lock out its players?
- What is fandom?
- How might the lockout impact the levels of fandom in Major League Baseball?
- What is publicity?
- What type of publicity is the current labor dispute in MLB creating surrounding the league?
- Why do you think it might be important for both the league and its players to to resolve the dispute sooner than later?
- If regular season games are canceled, how do you think fans will react?
- What is economic impact?
- Why is spring training important to businesses in communities where these games are typically played?
- How might the cancellation of spring training impact those businesses?