Cinemas stocks got a boost Wednesday after a report that online retailer Amazon plans to spend $1 billion a year on theatrical film releases.
Click here to read the story at hollywoodreporter.com.
- What is distribution?
- Why is distribution an important function of marketing?
- How might this story demonstrate the concept of distribution?
- Why is distribution important in the movie business?
- Why do you think Amazon’s decision to invest more in theatrical film releases resulted in an increase in stock prices?
- Why do you think Amazon is planning to spend $1 billion a year on theatrical film releases?
- What is competition?
- Who might represent competition to Amazon Studios?
- How might this news impact Amazon from a competition perspective?
- How do you think competitors might respond? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.