The Milwaukee Bucks, in their quest to repeat as NBA champions, this weekend will begin playing the Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Off the court, the team is seeking $4 million annually for entitlement rights to its plaza inside Deer District, a 30-acre property that sits outside their arena.
Click here to read the story at cnbc.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to a sports team like the Milwaukee Bucks?
- What is an entertainment district?
- What is the Deer District?
- Why are sports teams developing areas around stadiums like the Deer District?
- What is sponsorship?
- What is sponsorship inventory?
- What are naming rights?
- What is a rate card?
- According to this story, how much is the team hoping to earn in naming rights revenue to the plaza inside the Deer District?
- Why would a team be willing to invest in the naming rights to a plaza inside the Deer District?