Pickleball is not only your parents’ sport anymore. The game, a paddle sport similar to tennis, is often associated with retirement homes or country clubs. After a spike in popularity during the pandemic, however, pickleball has gone mainstream.
Click here to read the story at morningbrew.com.
- What is pickleball?
- Have you ever played the sport?
- Have you ever watched the sport being played?
- How do you think young sports fans view pickleball?
- This news story suggests that pickleball has “gone mainstream.” What does that mean?
- What is a demographic?
- How would you describe the “boomer” demographic?
- The headline reads “Pickleball brands and organizations are using modern marketing moves” to reach a wider audience. What is one example?
- What types of brands might be interested in aligning with the sport of pickleball? Why?
- What is leadership?
- Why is leadership important if the sport of pickleball wants to continue to grow?