It’s a franchise based on a 2,000-word article that appeared in Vibe magazine in 1998. Its characters have sprung wholly from itself, rather than from a decades-deep well of recognizable figures and branding.
Click here to read the story at theringer.com.
- What is a franchise in the movie business?
- What is brand loyalty?
- What is fandom?
- Is a film franchise like ‘Fast & Furious’ a brand?
- How do brand loyalty and fandom impact the long-term success of a Hollywood franchise?
- The headline of this news story declares the ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise to be a “Hollywood Unicorn.” What does that mean?
- What makes the franchise a Hollywood Unicorn?
- Who is Justin Lin?
- How important has Justin Lin been to the success of the franchise, according to this news story?
- What is a marketing plan?
- How would you describe the ‘Fast & Furious’ marketing plan?
- Could other action movies replicate the success of the ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise by following the same or similar marketing plan? Why or why not?