Since 1999, Lash Fary has been curating (very expensive) Hollywood award show gift bags via his company, Distinctive Assets—and making headlines for it.
Click here to read the story at marketingbrew.com.
- What is an Oscars gift bag?
- Who receives Oscars gift bags?
- How much are the gift bags worth for this year’s gift bags?
- What is the difference between the marketing of entertainment and marketing through entertainment?
- ABC engages in promotional strategies and advertising to encourage as many viewers as possible to tune in for the annual Academy Awards show. Is this an example of the marketing of entertainment or marketing through entertainment?
- For the brands who have products and services included in the Oscars gift bags, are they engaged in the marketing of entertainment or marketing through entertainment?
- What is the difference between celebrity endorsement and influencer marketing?
- Why do you think brands provide free products and services for the Oscars gift bags?
- How might Oscars gift bags represent an example of influencer marketing?
- What is publicity?
- How might including its products or services in the Oscars gift bag generate publicity for a business or brand?
- Do you think the brands providing gifts are taking a risk by including their products and services in the Oscars gift bag? Why or why not?