Seven years after its debut in the country, the American pizza giant has formally shut its storesafter it failed to win over locals who preferred homegrown options, according to a report by Milano Today.
Click here to read the story at cnn.com.
- What is international business?
- Why would Domino’s be interested in doing business outside the United States?
- How do you think companies determine which countries are the right fit for an expansion?
- What is marketing?
- Why is marketing important to a company like Domino’s?
- Is marketing in the U.S. the same as marketing in other countries? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Domino’s is shutting down its business in Italy?
- Do you think seven years was long enough for Domino’s to determine whether Italy could be a successful market for the company? Why or why not?
- Why do you think Domino’s chose to open in Italy in the first place?
- Why do you think Domino’s failed to gain the support of customers in Italy? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.