Patagonia announced that it is “transitioning away” from adding corporate logos to its products.
The company has long been a popular choice for high-end corporate apparel. The famous mountain logo is synonymous with a certain level of quality and brand-name recognition.
Click here to read the story at magazine.promomarketing.com.
- What is a brand?
- What is branding?
- Why do companies create logos as part of their branding strategy?
- Why do you think many companies traditionally include their logo on their products?
- Why would Patagonia stop putting its logo on its products?
- What does it mean to be “on brand”?
- Why might transitioning away from featuring its logo on products be an “on brand” strategy for Patagonia?
- How do you think Patagonia is attempting to position the brand by removing a logo from its products?
- Why would they want to position the brand that way?