Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte (and related fall products) hit stores August 25. If that felt especially early, you’re not stuck in a COVID-19 time warp. The date marked the earliest recorded release day in Starbucks’ history of the famed PSL, which dates back 17 years. And still, it lagged Dunkin’s pumpkin-centric lineup by six days.
Click here to read the story from qsrmagazine.com.
Questions for Classroom Discussion
- What does the headline mean when it suggests Starbucks turned summer into fall?
- Why do you think Starbucks tried this strategy?
- According to this news story, how did the strategy pay off?
- What do you think Starbucks will do in the fall?
- According to this story, how can other retailers replicate Starbucks’ seasonal marketing strategy?