Since their first collaboration a decade ago in 2010, Vans and Crayola are bringing the color back for a collection comprised of footwear, apparel, and accessories for the entire family.
Click here to read the story at hypebeast.com.
- What is a brand?
- Is Vans a brand? Crayola?
- How would you describe the Vans brand? Crayola?
- What is a collaboration as it relates to brands?
- Why do brands collaborate?
- Why do you think collaborations on footwear and apparel projects have become such a popular industry trend?
- How do you think Vans benefits from this collaboration?
- How do you think Crayola benefits from this collaboration?
- Why is it important for both brands to benefit from a collaboration?
- What is a target market?
- Why is it important for marketing professionals to determine a target market when developing a marketing strategy?
- What consumer group might Vans be targeting with a collaboration with Crayola?
- Why might they be targeting this particular consumer group? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.