NBA icon Shaquille O’Neal was instrumental in the Authentic Brands Group acquisition of Reebok in August 2021. Now, the basketball legend has been tapped to lead the athletic brand’s reemergence in the sport he knows best.
Click here to read the story at footwearnews.com.
- What is competition?
- What is the difference between direct and indirect competition?
- Who do you think represents direct competition to Reebok?
- What about indirect competition?
- What is market share?
- What is brand or product endorsement?
- Why do you think Reebok wanted Shaq and Allen Iverson to endorse the brand back in the 90’s?
- How would you describe Reebok’s current market share?
- What is a SWOT analysis?
- If Reebok were to conduct a SWOT analysis, what might that look like?
- Why would the brand want to bring Shaq and Allen Iverson back to the company?
- Based on what you learned from this news story, what will Shaq and Allen Iverson be doing for the company?
- Reebok’s CEO wanted to make sure to communicate that Shaq’s involvement was more than just a consulting role. What do you think that means and why is that important?
- In your opinion, will Shaq and Iverson help Reebok to gain more market share? Why or why not?