Holding the 2030 World Cup in six countries could cause logistical headaches but a tournament on three continents will be viewed as a boon by sponsors and advertisers seeking to expand their brands globally, sports marketing experts have said.
Click here to read the story at reuters.com.
- What is economic impact?
- Why do you think countries want to host the World Cup?
- Who is FIFA?
- What do you think FIFA is looking for in a host city?
- According to this story, which countries will host the 2030 World Cup?
- Why do you think the 2030 World Cup will be held in six different countries (on three different continents)?
- How might that present challenges for teams, fans, and event management professionals responsible for staging the events?
- What is sponsorship?
- What do businesses and brands hope to accomplish by sponsoring sports and entertainment events?
- Why would a business or brand want to sponsor the World Cup?
- Why do you think it costs millions to sponsor the World Cup?
- According to this story, how might they benefit from sponsoring the 2030 World Cup?
- What types of businesses might not benefit from a World Cup sponsorship? Can you think of a specific example?
- What is ambush marketing?
- Do you think businesses and brands might attempt any ambush marketing strategies at the 2030 World Cup? Why or why not?