From tourism experiences and purposeful promotions to fashion events and shockingly successful cheesie gimmicks, promotional ice cream trucks have been big media headliners in the Big Apple this summer— but those who thought that all of the flavorful fun was about ice cream alone would have totally missed the pint.
Click here to read the story at forbes.com
- What is promotion?
- Why do brands engage in promotions?
- Why do you think promotion is an important part of the marketing mix?
- What is publicity?
- How might some of these promotions help brands to generate publicity?
- Which of these campaigns do you like the best? Why?
- Describe the promotion you liked best and what the brand was likely hoping to accomplish through the campaign. Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.