Microsoft has stopped its $1 trial offer for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass. The trial has been available for years, with brief periods where it wasn’t always available in certain markets, and it now looks like Microsoft is considering new promotions instead.
Click here to read the story at theverge.com.
- What is promotion?
- Why is promotion an important part of the marketing mix?
- What are the different forms of promotion?
- What is the promotion mix?
- What are the components of the promotion mix?
- How would you describe Microsoft’s $1 Xbox Game Pass promotion?
- Why do you think the brand has discontinued the promotion?
- What do you think Microsoft’s goal was for the $1 Game Pass promotion?
- According to this news story, it appears that Microsoft is considering new promotions. What is its Friends and Family promotion? Why might they want to expand that promotion?
- What type of promotion would you introduce if you were responsible for marketing Xbox? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.