This week Samsung unveiled its fourth generation of foldable phones the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4.
Click here to read the story at medium.com.
- What is product management?
- Why is product management an important function of marketing?
- What is a product life cycle?
- What are the different stages of the product life cycle?
- The article suggests foldable phones seem to be inching toward the maturity stage of the product life cycle. What does that mean?
- What is innovation?
- Why is innovation important in business?
- What is incremental innovation?
- How do you think foldable phones represent an example of innovation?
- What is product differentiation?
- How might foldable phones provide a differentiation opportunity?
- How has that differentiation strategy paid off for Samsung?
- According to the story, there has been a “cost of dominance” in the foldable phone category. What does that mean and where do you think Samsung goes from here? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.