The Honest Kitchen, a San Diego maker of human-grade pet food, has landed $150 million from Monarch Alternative Capital to boost manufacturing, marketing, product development and sustainability initiatives.
Click here to read the story at sandiegotribune.com.
- What is entreprenuership?
- Why is funding important to a startup business?
- What are the different ways a startup can generate funding for the business?
- According to this story, how will Honest Kitchen use the $150 million they recently raised in funding?
- What is positioning?
- What is differentiation?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, how would you describe Honest Kitchen’s positioning and differentiation strategy?
- Why do you think Honest Kitchen has seen an increase in demand for its products?
- If you were an investory, would you invest in Honest Kitchen? Why or why not? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.