How do you know it’s been an unusual year? When a company that moves people encourages everyone not to move.
And Uber did just that in a surprising way: by telling everyone to stay put. With so many communities struggling with the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, Uber positioned itself as a force for good and #MoveWhatMatters.
Click here to read the story at marketing.twitter.com.
- What is cause related marketing?
- Do you think this story demonstrates an example of cause related marketing? Why or why not?
- What is market research?
- How might this story demonstrate the concept of market research?
- According to this story, describe what data from Twitter can tell marketing professionals about consumer expectations for brands?
- Why is that data important concept for a marketing professional?
- How might brands be able to develop higher levels of brand loyalty by focusing on initiatives that could create positive change in society?
- Based on information from this story, describe Uber’s marketing strategy during the pandemic.
- Why do you think brands use hashtags in marketing?
- Why do you think Uber used this particular hashtag for the campaign? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.