Logan International Airport‘s largest carrier ranked last in the publication’s Airline Scorecard, an annual ranking of nine major U.S. airlines. Delta Air Lines was the best airline in 2021, according to the report. JetBlue, which ranked seventh last year, knocked American Airlines out of the bottom spot.
Click here to read the story at Boston.com.
- How does Wall Street Journal determine the rankings of worst airline?
- According to WSJ, which U.S. airline was the worst in 2021?
- What factors led to the last place ranking?
- Which U.S. airline was the best?
- What is customer service?
- Why is providing good customer service important to an airline?
- What can an airline do to provide the best possible service to their customers?
- What is publicity?
- How do you think the publicity generated by WSJ’s rankings might impact the airlines included in this list?
- What might the airlines ranked lowest on this list do in 2022 to improve their ranking for next year? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.
- Just because WSJ named an airline as the “worst” airline in 2021, do you think think that truly means they were the worst airline? And how is that quantified in the mind of a consumer?
- If you were a PR professional working for one of the airlines mentioned in the WSJ report and the company received a low ranking, would you advise that they respond publicly? How would you respond? How would the information be communicated and what would the message be? Be prepared to share your ideas in class.