It was December 2009 when Australian actor Sam Worthington, unaware of how massively his role as an ex-Marine on a mission to a new planet was about to change his life, received a bit of advice from James Cameron.
Click here to read the story at latimes.com.
- What is the difference between the marketing of entertainment and marketing through entertainment?
- Which best describes this news story?
- What is a production and marketing budget?
- What is a sales or revenue forecast?
- Why are budgets and sales forecasts important in the movie business?
- What is a brand?
- Is Avatar a brand?
- What is fandom?
- How might the strength of the Avatar brand and high levels of fandom impact box office sales?
- What is a film franchise?
- Will Avatar become a film franchise?
- Why do you think the studio is re-releasing the original Avatar film to movie theaters?
- How might that represent the marketing function of distribution?
- What is a ‘toy ready’ film?
- Do you think ‘Avatar: The Way of Water’ will be a toy ready film? Why or why not?