Cheez-It is hoping that college football fans’ fervor for their favorite teams will translate to its cheese-coated crackers with the colorful on-field experiences at the Citrus Bowl on Jan. 1.
Click here to read the story at marketingdive.com.
- What is sponsorship?
- Why do brands sponsor sports and entertainment properties and events?
- How do you think they determine which properties to sponsor?
- Why would Cheez-It want to align with college football?
- Why do you think they are sponsoring the Citrus Bowl?
- What is sponsorship activation?
- Why is it important for sponsors to activate?
- Based on what you learned from this story, describe this activation from Cheez-It.
- What is NIL?
- What role will NIL have in the activation?
- How will Cheez-It be on concessions menus at the game, based on what you learned in this news story?
- Why might that be important to the brand?
- What is Cheez-It doing for fans at home who won’t be in the stadium on game day?
- Why do you think that is an important consideration as part of the overall activation?
- What role will social media play?
- Why do you think they chose TikTok instead of Facebook or Twitter?
- What hashtag will be used for this campaign?
- Why are hashtags important in marketing?