Sports streaming service DAZN is releasing its first NFTs in connection with the May 8 title fight between Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders.
The collection combines two major sports business trends—digital collectibles and gamification. Prior to the bout, DAZN will be auctioning one “gold edition” NFT for each round of the fight. The owner of the NFT that corresponds to the round in which the bout ends will win an experience for two at a future Alvarez fight.
Click here to read the story at sportico.com
- What is a NFT?
- Why do you think digital collectibles have become such a hot product with consumers?
- What is gamification?
- Why do you think gamification has become such a popular tool for reaching consumers?
- How might gamification boost levels of fan or consumer engagement?
- Why might that be important to a company?
- Why do you think DAZN is releasing NFTs in the lead up to a major boxing match?