The College Football Playoff will include 12 teams, starting with the 2024 season.
An expansion plan that was crafted for two years and haggled over for another 18 months finally cleared all the obstacles needed to go from idea to reality.
Click here to read the story at news.yahoo.com.
- What is the College Football Playoff?
- Why are they expanding?
- Why do you think it took so long to actually put the expansion plan into action?
- Why do you think they chose to expand to 12 teams, rather than 8?
- How might the NCAA benefit from the expansion?
- How might conferences and schools benefit?
- How might ESPN benefit?
- Do you think there will be even more expansion at some point? Why or why not?
- What is NIL?
- Do you think a college football expansion create more NIL opportunities for college football players? Why or why not?
- In your opinion, should college football players receive compensation in addition to NIL opportunities as part of the expansion plan? Why or why not?