A group of high-profile investors, including NBA star Stephen Curry, Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton, women’s soccer player Alex Morgan, Los Angeles Angels All-Star Shohei Ohtani, entertainer Justin Timberlake and tennis star Serena Williams, are backing Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy’s new company, which plans to launch a tech-infused golf league in 2024.
Click here to read the story at espn.com.
- What is an industry trend?
- Why do you think athletes and celebrities investing in startups and other entrepreneurial ventures has become such a popular trend in sports and entertainment?
- Based on what you learned in this news story, describe Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy’s new company.
- What is the name of the new golf league?
- Why do you think so many other athletes and entertainers are investing?
- In your opinion, will this venture be a success? Why or why not?
- What is event management?
- What is event marketing?
- How might both be important to TGL?
- What is differentiation?
- What is the differentiation strategy for TGL compared to other golf events?