The New Orleans Saints are the first and only club in the National Football League to be granted international marketing rights in France, the team announced on Twitter early Tuesday.
Click here to read the story at nola.com.
- What is a product?
- What is the difference between an international product and a domestic product?
- Which best describes the NFL?
- What is the difference between the marketing of sports and marketing through sports?
- Which best describes the Saints franchise gaining international marketing rights in France?
- Why would the Saints be interested in marketing the team in France?
- Why would the NFL want to promote the league globally?
- Why do you think they are restricting which teams can market themselves in different international markets?
- According to this story, the deal grants the Saints access to marketing, fan engagement and “commercialization activations” in France. What does that mean?
- How might the Saints benefit from the deal?
- According to information from this story, what other teams have international marketing rights?
- In which countries will those teams be marketing their brands?
- How do you think the NFL determined which countries to prioritize as part of its international marketing push?