Shares of Six Flags Entertainment Corp. plunged Thursday, to suffer the third-worst performance in the theme park operator’s 12-year public history, after a big miss in attendance led to a surprise drop in second-quarter revenue, even as spending-per-guest jumped.
Click here to read the story at marketwatch.com.
- What is revenue?
- Why is revenue important to Six Flags?
- What are ticket sales?
- Why are ticket sales important to Six Flags?
- In addition to revenue from ticket sales, how might a decline in attendance impact Six Flags?
- According to this story, why did Six Flags see such a big drop in attendance?
- What is market segmentation?
- How (and why) did the company shift its segmentation strategy?
- What is customer satisfaction?
- What does it mean that guest satisfaction scores have increased at Six Flags? How might the company benefit from that in the future?
- From a marketing perspective, what can Six Flags do to boost those attendance figures?