In celebration of National Avocado Day July 31, Chipotle is hosting its first promotion – “Get in the Pit” sweepstakes – on the fledgling social media channel, Threads.
Click here to read the story at nrn.com.
- What is social media?
- What is marketing?
- How do you think businesses and brands use social media for marketing purposes?
- Why might they want to engage in social media marketing?
- Have you ever seen an advertisement or promoted post on your social media feeds?
- Did those ads or sponsored posts result in you taking action by clicking on an ad or making a purchase decision?
- Why might a business or brand use different social media platforms for different marketing objectives? For example, if a business or brand was hoping to reach a younger audience, would they advertise on Facebook (Meta)? Why or why not?
- What is “Threads”?
- Why might Chipotle be interested in creating a marketing campaign for Threads?
- Why do you think they are the first brand to launch a campaign on Threads?
- What is promotion?
- Why do you think “holidays” like National Avocado Day exist?
- Why do you think Chipotle chose National Avocado Day to launch a marketing campaign on Threads?
- What are sweepstakes?
- Why do you think Chipotle would include a sweepstakes offer as part of this promotion?