After months of testing, TikTok has finally launched its e-commerce product, TikTok Shop, in the U.S. — where it has more than 150 million users.
Click here to read the story at techcrunch.com.
- What is the difference between e-commerce and brick-and-mortar retail?
- What is TikTok Shop?
- Why would TikTok want to launch an e-commerce product in the United States?
- What is geographic segmentation?
- How might this represent an example?
- What is product testing?
- According to this story, how long did TikTok test the product before officially launching?
- Why do you think that is important?
- What is advertising?
- Why do businesses and brands advertise?
- Why might a business or brand be interested in advertising on TikTok?
- What is a “shoppable” ad?
- How might a business or brand benefit from a “shoppable” advertisement on TikTok with the launch of the new TikTok Shop?
- What is a creator?
- How will creators benefit from TikTok Shop?
- How might this potentially provide a valuable opportunities for people interested in a “side hustle” or for an aspiring entrepreneur?