When we hear the words “futuristic hotel,” it conjures up images of valets bringing our space luggage to our rooms via hoverboard.
Click here to read the story at thehustle.co.
- What is the customer experience?
- What is the difference between customer experience and customer service?
- Why is it important, especially in hospitality and tourism?
- When do you think the customer experience begins when a consumer is considering hotel accommodations for travel?
- What do you think of when you hear the words “futuristic hotel”, what might that customer experience look like?
- Why do you think hotel brands might already be thinking about what their properties might look like in the 2030s?
- According to the predictions from McKinsey travel, how will the hotel experience transform by the 2030s?
- What is automation? Do you think that is something some hotels have already begin to implement as part of today’s customer experience?
- What is customization?
- Why might customization be a feature of hotels of the future?
- According to what you learned in this news story, why might hotel brands prioritize sustainability in the future?
- How might technology help to improve sustainability?
- What do you think might be something that hotels might do in the future to improve the customer experience? Be prepared to discuss your ideas in class.