Every designer knows the importance of brand recognition – and car logos are among the most recognisable in the world.
Click here to read the story at creativebloq.com.
- What is branding?
- Why are logos an important aspect of branding?
- What is brand recognition?
- Why do you think car logos are among the most recognizable in the world?
- What is a rebrand?
- Why do you think businesses and brands engage in rebranding initiatives?
- Why do you think Kia chose to rebrand?
- Do you think there is any risk associated with rebranding? Why or why not?
- According to this story (and data from Google), how has Kia’s new logo been received?
- Why is that important to Kia?
- How do you think the brand will respond to the design concerns (if at all)?
- Considering people are still finding Kia’s logo and/or website every time they google ‘KN cars’, what would you do if you were in a leadership role at Kia as it relates to the rebrand issues? Be prepared to discuss your answers in class.